Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Things are moving right along

Hi everyone,

No pictures today. Just news.

Sick people are starting to come into the shelters/transitional housing facilities. I'm glad I got my flu shot and I'm washing compulsively. We even had a few cases of Scabies (kind of like lice for the skin) in people coming into the shelters a few nights ago. It really makes you want to go shower. It also makes me want to observe cases as they come in, but sometimes there is not time. My shift tonight was good, but I think something was going down at the main shelter while I was on my way out. I saw two ambulances on the bridge as I left, and when I got back to the other end of the bay I thought I saw another crossing the bridge toward the shelter. I hope the first two were just a precaution and the third was a figment of my imagination.

People are starting to recognize me and say hello in the clinic at night. It makes me feel a lot more comfortable. depending on who it is. There are some individuals with whom I wouldn't mind being anonymous. Luckily, no one creepy knows me by name so far =).

On the medical school front, I was invited for an interview by the University of Colorado yesterday. That brings the total up to 4 schools at this point. Creighton, Rocky Vista, Colorado and A.T. Still are on the list. I have yet to hear from Oregon, Boston University and Chicago. I hope to hear from all of them, but I'm not looking forward to buying the airline tickets. I need to do a little more preparation, but the first interview isn't for another week so I have some time.

Colorado is getting their first snow and I think Boston will get their first this weekend. I'll let you know what I think of it when it comes. Everyone keeps telling me how cold it will be, but they say it's "wicked cold" even when it's 60. When it is freezing I'll be ready =).

I think that's all from here. Wish me luck at my interviews please!

Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment