Monday, March 26, 2012

Its been a really fun two weeks. I have been spending a lot of time with Talia and Sharon, friends I met through Christina. Two weekends ago I was invited to Talia's parents' St. Patrick's Day party. It was a lot of fun, and in the beautiful weather the next day we took a hike through the Ocean Spray cranberry bogs near their house. I was surprised to see things growing so soon, but it has been a really warm winter. Pictures are enclosed.








This weekend, I was able to go to another get together at a different set of friends' house in Bridgewater. The town is very New Englandy. I was able to take a long walk in the morning and it felt like I was in a small town somewhere, not 20 miles outside of Boston. We got to see the new Hunger Games movie yesterday too. I thought it was really good. Since I haven't read the books, I was able to get into the suspenseful moments more than people who knew what would happen. I enjoyed it.


Work has been good too. Things are actually slowing down, which I'm really surprised about. I feel like I've been running around like a crazy person all year and all of the sudden I have to search for things to do. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

I'm very excited about med school. I just finished an audiobook called, "How Doctors Think" by Jerome Groopman. It was awesome! I feel like I learned a lot, and loved hearing his stories about patients. Some of the book (especially the chapter about pharmaceutical companies and reimbursement) really fired me up, and has made me think about ways to improve the system. I am so excited to become a doctor, and I really hope I'm good at my job.

I think that's about all the news from here. Love to everyone!


Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment