Saturday, July 7, 2012

Last few weeks in Boston

It's been a fun couple of weeks out here. Work is going pretty well. My boss is on vacation and two other nurses are filling in. It seems nurses really like to gossip, and one of them is hard to motivate, but otherwise it's going smoothly. I can't believe I've only got a month left out here! I'M COMING HOME! I've been trying to tie up loose ends for my replacement before she arrives, but I have a feeling she will have a lot to catch up on. I just hope she is happy in the job and learns a lot.

Jesse's wedding was on the 23rd. It was great to be there and see my friends for a while. He and Heather are great together. The ceremony and the reception were really well organized, and the weather even cooperated. It was hot, but the clouds came at just the right moment. Their house in Westminister is beautiful, and their backyard faces a really nice greenway where they can ride. So happy for them! And on a sightly unrelated note, I'm very grateful that the fires are out and that my loved ones are safe.

My coworkers and I got to go "camping" last week. We didn't stay overnight, so it wasn't really camping, but we had a good time. We grilled, swam, played scatterball and frisbee in Peterborough, NH. It was a really fun day. I enjoyed driving everyone too, which isn't always the case. It was a great opportunity to socialize and get some sun.

The holiday was fun. Since it isn't dry out here and I live by the water, there have been copious amounts of fireworks all week. On the Fourth, the whole horizon was filled with them. I didn't know where to look because there were displays (professional and otherwise) everywhere. The Boston Pops were really amazing, even from far away. We synced the show up to the radio so we could listen to the music while they went off. They were delayed due to weather but were definitely worth it.

This weekend I'm working Patient Activities for the last time (yay!) and hopefully meeting up with friends. I've been itching to get out of the house and have been looking for an excuse to do so. Liberty has been walked every day since I'm feeling antsy. Maybe it's just nerves/excitement about school.

I finally settled on a place to live with a PA student and her fiance. The house is really close to campus, in a safe area and it's really nice. I am excited to show it off in my tiny amount of free time next year. Megan and Marco have a dog, so that's a plus too. I don't know how often I'll be home, but hopefully it will be enough to enjoy it. School will be tough and I'm a little nervous. I can't believe they are going to let me be a doctor. Heaven help us ;). I keep thinking of my boss Saio saying "you do your best, and that's all you can do." Maybe I'll put that on a sticky note somewhere so I don't forget.

I think that's all the news from here. Love to all!

Lynne

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and can't wait to hear how MEDICAL SCHOOL is going!! :-)

    ReplyDelete