So much good stuff happened yesterday, I just had to share. When I walked into work, a young guy from the facility was finally graduating. It's a 28 day program, but because he has been waiting for a spot at his halfway house he has been there almost 4 months. He was starting to tire of the same groups, the same food, the same drama every day but he toughed it out and made it to the next step. He's young, so what little hope I have for people feels a little stronger. This could be the time for him! I really, really hope it is.
Several others who are leaving soon thanked me for my help with stuff. I don't know how much I did, but it felt good to hear that nonetheless.
I had a relatively successful tobacco cessation education group (they asked questions, we had a good discussion) and I think I finished everything I was supposed to. I got to go to yoga class after work, I got a box of chocolates and a card from my parents and I got to talk to my grandmother last night on the phone. It was the best day! I'm so grateful for the life I have and the people in it. I'm feeling a little more upbeat than I was in the past few weeks. Hopefully I'm out of the woods. Love to everyone!
Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment