Monday, December 5, 2011

Getting Things Done

Hi all!

Its been a while since I've posted on here. No big news right now.

I've had several med school interviews. My last one is coming up in Kirksville, MO this weekend. Most of them were ok, but just ok. I was accepted to Rocky Vista and I'm still waiting to hear from Creighton, University of Colorado and Boston University. I don't have interview invites in Chicago or Oregon yet, but I may still hear from them. From all of these schools, I could hear any time from the next few weeks to this coming March. I hope it's sooner! I can't wait to see the Gillettes while I'm in Kirksville.

Work is going well too. I've been a little forgetful for the past few months and I've finally accepted that it may stay this way for a while. I've tried multitasking a little less and that seems to help. Everyone has been really understanding about the time I'm missing for interviews and I'm trying to get as much done as possible in the days that I'm here. I'm finally done looking through pictures from my old boss's electronic textbook, and I'll be sending my suggestions to him this week. He'll have a chance to rework some of the figures over winter break before the next semester starts.

I've had fun with my coworkers and roommate Vitor in the past few days. On Thursday, we went to the lighting of the Holiday Tree in downtown Boston and on Saturday we went out dancing. I got to see a new part of town called Allston. It's near Boston College and it has a really cool, college town feel. It's kind of like Fort Collins, but with many more people.

I think that's all the big stuff. I'm not really in the "holiday spirit" yet. My landlords have put up Christmas decorations all over the house but it just isn't registering yet. Maybe my trip to Kirksville will make it sink in.

Love to all!

Lynne

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy for you and hope you have fun in Kirksville! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete