Hello all!
I hope everyone had/is having a fabulous holiday! I just got back from Denver today and I had a great time. I got to see lots of family (the siblings were together for the first Christmas in a couple of years) and was able to get away from work stuff for a few days. Anneliese, my niece, is the cutest little thing! I know I'm biased but I just love her. I also saw two of my uncles from Wisconsin and got to enjoy the Colorado weather for a change. Snow everywhere, but not cold. It was awesome!When I got back to Quincy I just wanted to be alone for a while. I have isolated myself in my room and have been tying up loose ends while I watch Netflix. My next task will be to unpack my suitcase and get back to real life.
As far as car stuff goes, Sammy is officially dead. I donated him to a veteran's charity last week and I hope he will be used for good wherever he ends up. I definitely teared up a little when it was towed away. But it is working out for the best. My parents offered to let me use their Camry for the time being. Getting it here will be an issue, but the car-buying pressure is definitely off. My parents are the best, and as much as I hate feeling non-independent I am so grateful. I had a really good time with them and I miss them already.
The next couple of weeks will be busy! I'm working on a nutrition education event for work that will happen MLK day, and putting together all the last minute details will take extra time every day. I also want to get back to the gym, but we'll see how my schedule pans out. I miss being in good shape, but I know I'll get back into it sooner or later.
I think that's about all from here. Love to all!
Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment